Will cast iron gates rust in the whole water? How should we prevent rusting and how should cast iron doors rust? We have invited the cast iron gate manufacturer to explain in detail how to prevent the cast iron gate from rusting and the anti-corrosion measures for the cast iron gate.
Simple method of anti-corrosion measures for cast iron gate
The gate used in hydraulic engineering usually needs to take anti-corrosion measures, mainly because these gates are often immersed in water and easy to corrode. Security using the door is a starting danger. Therefore, the gate should be protected from corrosion before installation. The anti-corrosion measures of cast iron gate can be divided into the following three categories:
1. Metal spraying: stainless steel is sprayed on the gate surface to prevent corrosion, and the effect is good. The qualified person should spray in the factory. After installation, please use asphalt or other sealing layer.
The metal used for spraying the antirust coating can be made of zinc or aluminum. The thickness of the spray coating is usually about 0.3 mm.
Before spraying, sandblast the gate surface to remove the old charged layer, rust and dirt. The surface is rough and spray coating is attached.
(1) the following coating shall be applied to the gate which is often in wet place:
3. Impressive combination of current protection and coating anticorrosion
(1) the proper protection potential should be determined according to the water quality, gate surface condition and gate material.
(2) anode material and arrangement: anode material can be made of ordinary steel. Insoluble metals such as high pressure cast iron and aluminum silver alloys can also be used as required.
The layout and structure of anode can be determined by field test.